Wednesday 2 March 2016

Rejection.



Rejection sucks. Anyone who tells you otherwise is out and out lying to you. No one has ever, in the history of time, put themselves out there for something in the hope that they won't succeed. It's just fucking shit.

As you know I'm job hunting at the moment, and I just received a rejection email for an application that took me weeks and hours of anxiety to perfect before I submitted it, for a company I really wanted to work for. I'd just taken my laptop upstairs after writing Tuesday's tear stained and anxiety ridden post, so hearing that I'd been unsuccessful really didn't make me feel any better.

If I had written this post a year ago, the previous paragraph would have been littered with the word fail. My thinking process is very black and white, and so I frequently see a lack of success as a reflection on me personally. Not getting the job I applied for doesn't mean I wasn't good enough, just that I wasn't 100% right for the role, and that the other people who applied were more suitable.

As you know, when it comes to matters of the heart I struggle a little bit. I'm not good at handling my emotions, and so used to see being rejected or 'dumped' as a reflection on me, as opposed to the relationship as a whole. Add to that the fact that I've had God awful taste in men in the past, and it paved the way for a lot of tears, wine and ice cream. As I'm getting closer and closer to the grand old age of 24, I'm coming around to a different way of thinking. Every situation, relationship or job role that doesn't work out the way you want it to isn't a failure, it's just bringing you a hop and a skip closer to where you are supposed to be.

Hella cheesy I know but sometimes the old cliches are the best.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment