Friday 27 April 2018

Window Shopping


Although it might be hard to believe given that I spend a good 95% of my time in my pyjamas, fashion was one of my first loves. I've interned for international fashion designer Fannie Schiavoni, worked at both London and Paris fashion week and freelanced for Matches Fashion and Net-a-Porter last year, so although I live in Primarni, I spend a lot of time dreaming in Prada.

And Vetements.

And Chanel.

Anyway, moving on.

When it comes to shopping, I SUCK at doing it online. Unless its something from Amazon that I can stick a free label on and shove back in a box if I don't like it, it's simply not happening. Thanks to this aversion, girl spends a lot of time window shopping.

A recent study about how boutique window dressing affects how we interact with retailers has just been carried out using details from denim Gods, and retailers behind Rails Shirts, Trilogy Stores. Here's what the company's creative director had to say.

Windows work

Most stores find success with the basics of window displays; creating memorable asymmetry using the 'rule of three', drawing the customer's eye to a featured product at the centre of a display using the pyramid principle and avoiding the colour red to prevent people associating a high-end brand with a low-cost sale. For Trilogy, their customer's love colour and print, which they found during the success of the campaign for their SS18 RIXO collab.

Stay fresh

To stand out in the big city, Trilogy Stores focused on how important it is for them to keep things FRESH. Casting aside stock-photos in favour of fashion shoot collateral, they've found success in stocking brand exclusives and maintaining a signature brand identity across channels. If you recognise them by their shop front, you'll recognise them by their Facebook page.

Consistent Confidence

BPD moments aside, I'm a big advocate for confidence. I might not always practice what I preach but I'm a big believer in showing yourself some love and taking the world on head first, and Trilogy has found the same with their window displays. By knowing exactly what will catch their customer's eyes and giving them what they want, more and more customers flooded their shop floors. And with the theme of the display being visible throughout the store, they're impossible to forget.

xXx

P.S. I've recently fallen in love with Instagram, want to see a fuck tonne of pictures of my face and cat? Find me here.



No comments:

Post a Comment