Tuesday 19 December 2017

Seeing spots



Some of my least favourite things of all time are any kind of article claiming to raise awareness about something that CLEARLY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT or telling people that they're not alone.

Of course your not alone douche face, there are nearly 7.5 billion people on the planet, move along.

A couple of days ago I saw an article on the Metro about a woman with acne, something that 80% of the population experiences at one time or another.

That my friends is what we call a slow news day.



My skin feels like death at the moment. It's painful, itchy and it has a tendency to bleed for no reason. I've had shitty skin since I was in Junior school, and I gave up giving a crap about it a while ago. This is my skin, it's the only skin I have, and if someone has an issue with my scabs, lumps, pockmarks and scars then they really need a hobby.

Or Jesus, whichever.

My point is that, if a large majority of people live with something, then it shouldn't be an issue. The more we make a point of singling things out, the more of a big deal it becomes. I know we can't control how we feel about things, but having spots is normal, so writing narcolepsy-inducing articles about it is only singling people out, giving those with bitchy opinions to have a platform from which to spout their bullshit. Leave it alone, and it stops being a thing.

As, like our dear friend Tyler said, You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake, suck it up.

Happy Tuesday.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment