Saturday 24 February 2018

My Alarm Clock



These past few weeks have been difficult, I feel like I'm going mad. Everything is running at a hundred miles an hour, I can't focus and I'm hyper-sensitive to everything. Even silence screams at me. 

This led to a full-blown meltdown in my car last week. I'd just checked my bank balance (idiot) and couldn't believe that my entire life was revolving around the contents of my account or lack thereof. I drove home screaming that this couldn't be it, my primary focus couldn't be working to pay bills and nothing else. By the time I arrived home I was exhausted. 

I woke up this morning with a different perspective. A comment had been made on a late friend's Facebook, meaning his gorgeous smile popped up on my feed and I spent a few minutes talking to him, and for the first time staring at my alarm clock didn't cause me to tense up. 

One day, soon, I will wake up and it will be the day I leave for Canada. It will be the day that I pick up my bags and get ready to start my new life thousands of miles away. The day I leave will be here, I just have to be patient. 

Happy Saturday :)

xXx 

No comments:

Post a Comment