Tuesday 7 January 2020

Is it because I'm a boarderline, or are you just an asshole? A discussion




The photo above has absolutely nothing to do with being annoyed, but it appeared in the search results when I typed pissed off into Piixabay, and it made me happy, so it's staying.

If I were to describe today's mood, it would be that of Gary from down the road when he discovered that his local kebab shop serves Halal meat. There's no one reason for my crankiness, more of a combination of things that seem to have reared their ugly head, much like the equally hideous and painful blisters that have recently appeared on my face, over the last few days.

Whoever said that acne disappeared when you left your teens was balls-out lying.

Anyway, one of the things on my mind today, that has been on my mind for a while actually, is the impossibility of my trying to discuss a situation, feeling or opinion with someone without them shooting me down. Without them telling me that it's not the right thing for me to do or think and that I should be doing something else with my life or thinking/acting a certain way. I'm not overly sure if this is a response to my condition, or because some people are just cunts.

A prime example of this actually happened a few years ago, when moving to Canada was first on my mind. A "friend" felt the need to tare me down because I'd gotten annoyed that she'd turned up 2 hours late for an event of her organisation after I'd walked to Liverpool Street Station from Hackney downs at 5 am to get to her. On top of this, it was deemed "shitty" that I hadn't greeted her significant other with open arms despite the amount of time she spent telling me what a cunt he way.

Why I would be nice to someone who hurt someone I cared about is beyond me, but apparently, that's what I was supposed to do.

Anyway, during this conversation, I inquired as to why the person in question had said she didn't think I should go to Canada, or why she felt the need to tell me I shouldn't do something like this in general. Last time I checked it was my life but, as I've mentioned above, sometimes it seems that people feel entitled to tell me I'm doing something wrong just because I often don't think or act in a way they think I should. Would they say this to someone who didn't experience similar symptoms to mine? I'm not sure, but I am sure that such opinions are vastly unwelcome.

The following examples also pertain to my moving to Toronto, but without specific examples.

When I first told people I was about to move, a lot of people felt the need to make negative comments. I'm not expecting everyone to be excited about my move, but shutting up is often preferable to saying something rude. Yes, I'm aware of the fact that Canada is an expensive place to live. Yes, I am also aware that it's cold. But do you know where else is expensive and cold? England, only this way I have the added benefit of getting to do something I"ve always wanted to do, whilst simultaneously making use of my equally stubborn and brave nature.

Next up, we have people who seemingly have a problem with the fact that bar having general ideas, I don't often have a concrete plan of what I want to do next. I'm sorry, is the fact that I'm not 100% sure where I want to move to after my Canadian visa has run out any of your business? I don't remember it being, but seeing as a lot of people I know feel the need to drop their 2 cents in, despite not being brave enough to emigrate themselves despite constantly complaining about their current living situation, maybe I missed the memo. Just because my plan isn't concrete, or even remotely the same as yours, doesn't mean there's something wrong with it.

I'm going to write another post in a similar vein to this, predominately on people projecting their fear of taking risks on to me, but for now, I'm going to enjoy my herbal tea while I remember that it's my life, and no one else's, and I can do whatever I fucking want with it.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment